Friday 28 December 2012

Experience Teaches Lessons

Hey Bees!

So the end of 2012 is nigh. After all the 'gosh where did that year go's and the 'time is flying's, I like the feeling of a new year, a fresh start. And there's no better fresh start than a new year. I feel that so much happened in 2012, some good and some bad. I think it's good to reflect on the year gone by so that you can allow yourself to move into the new year equipped with the right mindset.

If there's anything I've learned in 2012 it's that all good things must come to an end. Obviously this is hard to accept. We want to hold on to these great things because they make us happy. But too much of something is never good. I guess what I'm talking about here is getting over someone you care about a lot. I'm sure many of you have been in a similar situation where it's time to let go but you can't. You can't imagine your life without this person, you feel that without them you're nothing. And when someone is in the depths of sadness due to being dumped there really is nothing you can say that will make them feel better. From personal experience, it's only you that can help yourself. You, and only you are in control of your own life. You don't want to hear what anyone else has to say because you feel that they don't know what you're going through. The saying is true though, time heals. Life does go on. I spent two years of my life still thinking about someone after it ended. TWO WHOLE YEARS! I love hard, which I suppose isn't really a bad thing. (I am a Cancer after all...). I turned down a lot of opportunities during those two years because I was still living in a fantasy.

I just want anyone reading this who is in a similar kind of situation to know that you WILL be okay! I know it seems unimaginable now, but trust me! Allow yourself the time to heal. I am finally over this person and I am ready to go into 2013 a strong woman! I am the better of this experience, and I am grateful for the lesson.

So that was one of those 'personal posts' I said I would do. I hope at least one person could take something away from this! Thanks if you read to the end and please leave me a comment giving some feedback!

Elle X

2 comments: